Direct Admission in MBBS 2023
If you’re a medical aspirant who is seeking some information on getting direct admission in MBBS, you have gotten into the right place. Here, we share the most extensive guide on how to get direct admission to MBBS.
Since you are looking for direct admissions, let us tell you that MBBS is the most awarded undergraduate degree in India. And, from almost 4 years, that is since 2017, there is nothing like direct admission in MBBS. To take admission in MBBS private college you are required to appear and qualify for the NEET-UG entrance exam. This means that direct admission, as announced by the high court, is possible in cases when the candidate has registered and attended all the centralized counseling procedures after clearing the NEET-UG entrance exam.
So, if you have secured good marks in NEET, you might be able to secure a seat at some private or government medical college through counseling. However, if you have just qualified NEET or have secured less than 250 marks you might get an MBBS management quota or NRI quota to take the admission.
With this, your mind must be boggling with some questions like what is MBBS management quota, what is its eligibility, admission procedure, what documents do I have to submit, and so on. Well, not to worry, we, at Find My Admission, are pioneers in helping aspiring students to get direct admission in MBBS. To help you out we have curated this guide regarding the MBBS admission quota, check it out!
What is MBBS Management Quota?
Every private college has 15% seats reserved with a fee structure different from the prescribed normal fees. These reserved seats are referred to as Management Quota Seats in MBBS Admission. They may also be referred to as NRI seats.
The fee for these seats may vary anywhere between 20 lakhs per annum to 45 lakhs per annum.
Direct admission in MBBS through management quota
What is the Admission Procedure in MBBS through Management Quota?
Apart from a few steps, the admission procedure in MBBS through management quota is quite similar to what the usual procedure looks like. To take admission through management quota just follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Apply and appear for NEET-UG.
- Once you have received the result you now have to decide the state where you wish to take the admission.
- Next, you would require to register on the MCC website if interested in deemed universities.
- As a next step, you will have to register for counselling in the state that you have chosen. For MBBS admission in Maharashtra, you may have to register at https://info.mahacet.org/cet2020/pgm/neetug20.html
- Please note that while registering for counselling, some states might ask for security deposits ranging from ₹1 Lakh to ₹2 Lakh. This fee will be refunded later on.
- During the counselling procedure, you will have to get your documents verified and submit your preferences of colleges.
- The counselling process will be online and will include two rounds.
- In case you are not allotted any seat, you may attend the mop-up round
- This round fills up all the vacant seats.
Please note that we are mentioning MBBS admission in Maharashtra. However, the general procedure is the same everywhere and you may follow this as a basic guide to your MBBS admission. We rest assure that any change in the existing pattern will surely be updated here.
MBBS Management Quota Eligibility:-
The eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS through management quota is as follows:
- You must have completed minimum age of 17 years as on December 31 of the year of the admission.
- You must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate in 10+2 PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
- You must have secured a minimum of 33% marks each in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- You must have appeared and qualified NEET-UG exam.
- You must have attended the centralized procedure for counselling.
List of Documents Required for MBBS Management Quota Admission
The document verification for MBBS admission in Maharashtra is done right at the time of counselling. Therefore, it is advisable to keep the following documents handy during the counselling procedure:
- Class X Marksheet
- Class X Certificate
- Class XII Marksheet
- Class XII Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Conduct/Character Certificate
- NEET Scorecard
- Adhar Card
- Passportfollowing Size Photograph – 4
The following documents may also be required if applicable:
- Community Certificate
- Income Certificate
Things to Consider While Selecting College for Direct Admission In MBBS
It goes without mentioning that the college you choose for your medical education is of utmost importance. Therefore, whenever looking out for medical admission, you should consider the following things:
- Check if the college is MCI recognized or not.
- Check for the affiliation of the college.
- Verify if the college is approved by the government of India or not.
- Always look if the college is able to give you good practical exposure. For this, it must have a good patient flow.
- Make sure that the college you choose boasts of good faculties with rich experience.
- Ensure that the college is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment.
Other factors that you might look for in a medical college include:
- location of the college
- climatic condition of the area where the college is based
- tuition fee and hostel fee
List of Top Medical Colleges in India with Management Quota
Based on the above factors, we have curated a list of some top medical colleges in India where you can take admission through the management quota in MBBS.
- ACS Medical College and Hospital, Chennai
- Amrita Institute of Medical Science, Kochi
- AV Medical College and Hosp., Puducherry
- B.L.D.E University, Bijapur
- BV Deemed Uni. Med. College and Hos., Sangli
- BVD Univ. Med. College, Pune
- Chettinad Hos. and Res. Inst., Kancheepuram
- Dr. DY Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai
- Dr. DY PMCH and Research Centre, Pune
- Dr. DYP Edu. Soc. Deemed Uni., Kolhapur
- GITAMIMSR, Visakhapatnam
- HIMSR, New Delhi
- IMS AND SUM, Bhubaneswar
- JawaharLal Nehru Medical College, Belagavi
- JLN Medical College, Datta Meghe, Wardha
- JSS Medical College, Jagadguru
- K.S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangaluru
- Kalinga Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar
- KMC, MU, Mangalore
- KMC, MU, Manipal
- Krishna Inst. of Med. Scie., Karad
- Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth, Pondicherry
- MGM Medical College, Aurangabad
- MGM Medical College, Navi Mumbai
- MMCH and RI, Chennai
- NMIMR, Mullana
- RajaRajeswari Medical College Bengaluru
- Rural Medical College and PIMS, Loni
- Saveetha Medical College, Chennai
- SBKS MIRC, Sumandeep Vidyapeeth
- SDU Medical College, Kolar
- SLN Inst. of Med. Science., Puducherry
- SMCH, Ghaziabad
- Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College DU, Tumkur
- SRM Medical College and Hospital, Chennai
- SRMCRI, Chennai
- SSSMC AND RI, Kancheepuram
- VM Medical College and Hospital, Karaikal
- VMKVMC, Salem
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore
Frequently Asked Questions About Direct Admission in MBBS:-
Ques 1: Is there any management quota in MBBS?
Ans: Yes, every private medical college holds 15% seats reserved under the management quota. These seats are offered a fee structure different from the prescribed normal fees. In India, all 23 states conclusively offer 37,690 seats for admission in MBBS through management quota.
Ques 2: What is MBBS management quota seat fees?
Ans: The fees for seats in MBBS through management quota is quite compared to the normal prescribed fee. The fee for these seats may vary anywhere between 20 lakhs per annum to 45 lakhs per annum.
Ques 3: Can I get admission in the MBBS management quota without appearing for NEET?
Ans: No, you cannot get direct admission in MBBS, even through management quota. You should have appeared and qualified for NEET and attended the counselling procedure before you apply for the management quota.
Ques 4: If I have qualified NEET-UG can I take MBBS admission through management quota in abroad countries?
Ans: Yes, some countries do allow NEET qualified students to get admission in MBBS college in their respective states.
Ques 5:How can I get admission in MBB through management quota?
Ans: If you want to get admission in MBBS through management quota, you would have to follow the normal procedure first which is attending both rounds of counselling. You would have to then apply under management quota with the respective authority.
Ques 6: What is the qualification score for NEET-UG?
Ans: If you belong to the general category, you need to score the 50th percentile in order to qualify for the NEET UG exam. For OBCs, SCs and STs, it is 40th percentile.
Ques 7: Is taking admission through management quota in MBBS illegal?
Ans: No, taking admission through the management quota in MBBS is not at all illegal. the management quota in a private medical colleges is authorized by the Government of India. the government allows private colleges and deemed universities to reserve and fill 15% of the total seats with different fee structures. Management quota, therefore, stands as a legal helping hand to the management of any given deemed/ private institution.
About Find My Admission
Find My Admission is one of the leading education consultancy firms that boasts of its rich 17 years experience in the industry. We have helped hundreds of students in getting admission to their dream colleges. We not only provide guidance through our latest blog posts but also offer personal career guidance.
Why Choose Us
Experience: With over 17 years of experience, we offer the best-in-class education consultancy services.
Reputed Colleges: Being for such a long time in the industry we know which colleges are the best that fulfil all criteria of government authorization. We help you choose the best!
Counselling Guidance: Right from the registration for the counselling process to the allotment of seats, we guide you at every step to help you choose what you deserve.
Special Counselling for Medical Students: We boast a team of medical experts who can guide you well in picking the best course by knowing its future aspects and scope.
Assistance for Education Loan: We, at Find My Admission understand that medical education could be very expensive. Thus we assist you in getting an education loan as well. We arrange for all supporting documents that you may require from the college or university for loan approval.
After Services: We believe that our relationship with students does not end till the time they pass out the college and thus offer every kind of professional support required even after getting admission.
There’s a lot more to trust us, including:
- We help you choose the best college in accordance with your NEET-UG score
- We offer a category-based list of colleges. These lists are based on the type of course, fee structure, ranking, infrastructure, etc.
- We understand your budget and guide you accordingly.
- We deal with MCI recognized and affiliated colleges only.
- We are available 24*7 on the phone call for you.
By, now you must have got a clear idea about getting direct admission in MBBS through management quota,. The next step is to prepare good and make your dream come true. Start preparing now.